India will not accept Chinese “village” along LAC, MEA says: The Tribune India
Tribune press service
New Delhi, November 11
The Foreign Office (MEA) reacted to a recent Pentagon report indicating that China has built a village along the line of real control in the eastern sector, saying that India has “always expressed strong protests against such acts by diplomatic means and will continue to do so in the future â.
âWe have taken note of the report. The Chinese had undertaken construction in recent years in border areas, including areas they had illegally occupied for decades. India has neither accepted China’s occupation of the territory nor accepted its unwarranted demands, âMEA spokesman Arindam Bagchi said when asked about reports of a Chinese village in an area. disputed from Arunachal Pradesh.
In response, India has also stepped up border infrastructure, including the construction of roads, bridges, etc., which have provided much-needed connectivity to the local population along the border, Bagchi said.
“The government remains committed to the goal of improving the living conditions of its citizens, including in Arunachal Pradesh,” Bagchi said while noting that the Foreign Ministry reacted in the same way when the reports about this particular “village” were first published last January. year.
The government continuously monitors all developments affecting national security and “takes all necessary measures to safeguard its sovereignty and territorial integrity,” Bagchi said.
Arunachal Pradesh BJP deputy Tapir Gao told Lok Sabha last year that âChina has entered more than 60-70 km inside the upper district of Subansiri if you follow the path along River. They are building a road along the river known locally as Lensi which flows towards the Subansiri river â.